Thursday, 26 July 2012

Wedding Invitations

Print 1 Edited 2The grapevine may have muttered the news to you, but Liam and I tied the knot a couple of weeks ago. A joyous, historic and utterly unforgettable affair in my parents' Wiltshire garden, surrounded by a treasure trove of special friends and family, who braved the rain, many stomping around the garden in their finery and wellies.

IMG_3894 It was something of a DIY affair and I thought that, amidst the sharing of Carnival tales, over the coming weeks I'd share a few of the bits and bobs we made to put our fingerprints on our day...

It started with the invitations. Liam thought, with his love of logos and ciphas, that he'd design a chic and stylish symbol that neatly blended our initials. I thought, with my love of messy prints and bunting, that I'd make a radiantly colourful print that gave the vibe of a garden fete. So the negotiations started early. As it transpired, a layer of tracing paper was the perfect way to blend the two.