Saturday, 30 March 2013

The Knitting and Stitching Show

I recently visited the Knitting and Stitching Show at Olympia, and spent the consequent week exploding with enthusiasm, inspiration and ideas.  So many different techniques, ideas and colours caught my eye that I'd like to share them here over a few entries.  To begin ...

An exhibition by the Traditional Quiltmakers Group convinced me that the patient art of quilting can be both exquisitely beautiful and utterly creative. I still can't quite imagine taking on a project as ambitious as this but I was inspired neverthless!  
This is Whirligig by Lesley Hurrell.

... And a little extra today, for Laura Long's knitting - one of the best and most characterful ways for taking knitting out of the world of twee and into creativity, humour and versatility!