Friday, 12 February 2016

The Mysterious Midnight Bus

I have written a story for the February Half Term activities at London Transport Museum, which I and some colleagues will be performing over the coming days.  It's a while since I've written a story and it was an enjoyable challenge to create something that was magical, with firm ties to the Nightshift exhibition, and accessible for young children. The Mysterious Midnight Bus takes a night bus, Hector, and his driver, Bhakerd, on their journey through the night, picking up all the different passengers who work or play at night, and finally realising just how important they are for keeping the city going.
Illustrations The second challenge was illustrating the story with props or pictures. Again, I wanted to link it really firmly with the exhibition, from which I'd taken all the characters. In the end, I decided to create consistent, friendly illustrations myself, taken from the photographs and posters in the exhibition.