Thursday, 21 July 2016

Larmer Tree Festival

IMAG0132
We finally found a festival to suit the varied tastes of my family.  In festivals past, I've always focussed on the music, and I was determined this time to see not only music, but everything else on offer to stimulate our creative taste buds!  We managed drumming for littluns, storytelling for adults, round-the-table Ping Pong, a comedy / spoken word slam, a lot of food, shopping, music (or course!) and ... I crept away for some visual arts just for adults ...
IMAG0154 I joined a team making junk / rag peacocks to form the congregation of a 'wedding', with a llama marrying off a bride and groom peacock on the wedding lawn, sculptures developed by Anna Roebuck.
IMAG0121
And, on borrowed time as Feets napped, I made a flower for the hedgerows, using plastic bottles, a tea-light and some spray paint. Not my usual colours! Thanks to Rehash Panache for the workshop.

Finally, I spent a glorious twenty minutes learning how to make Dorset Buttons, something supremely, traditionally crafty that has long caught my attention.  Photos to follow in a future post!